Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another go at 한식 (han-shik)

한식 (han-shik) means Korean food. It is the short form of 한국 음식 (han-guk-eum-shik). 

Today I cooked spicy chicken with rice, 닭고기덮밥 (dal-go-gi-deop-bab) with the instant spicy sauce from a Korean mart. What is 닭고기덮밥 (dal-go-gi-deop-bab)? It’s the chicken set we always eat in SG food courts/Korean restaurants.

Here’s an example:

image
*Not my photo

It was a good attempt, I think, but it didn’t satisfy my Korean food craving. Arrrrgh~~ Been craving for some Korean food these few days, that’s why I headed down to the Korean mart today to see what I can get.

Settled my hands on this (plus a few other Korean snacks):

IMG_2344 
And my dinner…

IMG_2345 It’s dark because I didn’t use flashlight. :P

My spicy chicken came out a bit too watery because of the water from the vegetables. But anyways I don’t think the sauce tasted that good. I guess instant sauces always have their limitations. Recently I bought this pre-made stir-fry honey sesame sauce from the supermarket. I don’t know if it’s the flavour or if it’s the quality of the sauce itself, the taste is not bad but it doesn’t suit my taste buds. I might try other flavours next time, but I’m afraid of wasting money again.

OH~! It’s term break next week! It’s only for a week though. Better than nothing. My intention for the break- get a part-time job…. maybe? It’s time to earn some money after so long…

Plus, if I work, I’m going to earn AUD! The currency is so damn strong now man… almost on par with USD. Darn it. It’s good if I’m earning it but definitely not when I’m spending it (which I’m doing so now…)

No comments:

Post a Comment