Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hello I’m back in SG!

Can’t believe I’m finally back home after 9 months… Everything feels strange but familiar at the same. It’s funny how once I reached home, my independency seems to vanish and I would get the “I-don’t-feel-like-doing-anything” feeling. So nice to have the food all cooked and ready to eat when one’s hungry, so nice to just throw your clothes in the laundry basket and come back all washed and cleaned. Wondrous life…

But, the weather here in SG is ridiculously hot and humid. The past 9 months in Aus, I’ve been enjoying dry and cool weather (mostly), very very awesome weather although winter months were a tad too cold. The weather’s so lovely, I wouldn’t get sticky throughout the day at all. I miss the weather there terribly… Right now, it hasn’t been mid-day and I’m stinking of sweat (well, probably because I was walking around a lot) but still, I am just not yet adjusted to the humidity.

Today I was walking around a lot because I had to replace my I/C and driving license. I had to go to ICA and then to YCK, realising that SSDC has moved to WDL. Damn it. Now I have blister on my sole because I walked/stood too much. I even went to Sembawang to get some stuff. What a day. I realised I hadn’t quite get the Sporean feeling of taking MRT or just the fact of being kiasu. It feels foreign yet familiar at the same time. Being away for too long, yet not too long might have stirred up such mixed feelings.

I miss the friendly people in Aus too. I had forgotten how unfriendly S’poreans can be, not until I interacted with them in ICA and elsewhere… especially aunties and uncles. I also forgotten how kiasu S’poreans can be and how ungracious the guys are.

The only bad things about S’pore is the people (insulting myself? lol), difficulty in finding healthy food and weather as compared to Aus. The rest, I would say, S’pore beats Aus hands down. I’m lazy to go into details about healthy food, but in Aus, it’s so easy to get really healthy food, with lots of leafy, fresh veges, wholegrains, etc.

Anyway I’m so happy to be home… with my family. I can’t wait to meet up with my friends too. :)

And and and and… only less than 1 month to see him! OMG so so so excited…

No comments:

Post a Comment