Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Excitement rolling in

Here comes November! The month when I’ll take on the last assessment of the semester, the month when I’ll head back to Singapore and the month when I’ll go to Korea! Specifically, my Korean translation exam will take place in two weeks’ time, a week later back to sg and 5 days later off to Korea. Exciting times.

I have plenty of time to study for my Korean exam, which is the reason why you see me blogging more often, watching dramas and movies more often and just taking my time with the studying process. You could say I’ve started my holiday in advance! :p This isn’t really procrastinating since I’m studying bit by bit everyday right? I just spend more of the day relaxing than studying… I know. I should change that the other way round.

This week is SWOTVAC week. I went to school today to meet professor Jung (my Korean prof  and supervisor for my honours thesis), submitted my translations to him and borrowed his Korean-English paper dictionary for my Korean translation exam. He’s so nice. When he heard that I would be going to Korea this coming vacation, he said that I could contact him and perhaps meet up in Seoul in January since he’ll be there at that period. He said that he could bring me around Seoul! It would be cool to meet him in Korea, maybe I could then introduce my bf to him, but I think the whole situation would be kind of awkward… I’d think about this.

imageAnyway, as I expected, there was a huge turn out of hardworking students cramming in the library. I felt a little guilty that I was kind of enjoying swotvac week (more like “holidays” to me), not feeling any stress and definitely not cramming. But I resolved that I would study harder when I get back home, spend more time studying in a day than watching The Big Bang Theory. Oh, that comedy sitcom is hilarious, which I supposed many of you should know since it has been very popular since 4 years ago (I am slow when it comes to American sitcoms)! I spent about 4 days finishing the first season which is pretty short and now I’m starting on the second season. But I found that you’ve got to have a certain level of knowledge in science, sci-fi stuff (e.g. movies, comics, etc) to understand some of their jokes. Nevertheless, it’s a comical sitcom that keeps my mood up when I’m feeling down.

About blogging, as you can see, I am now quite the active blogger as compared to the past year. Besides the extra time I have now, after reading a lot of blogs recently, I’ve suddenly found the motivation to blog more. I’ve also changed my blog layout to a much simpler one and have added labels to my recent posts. Comments are welcome in the comments section after each individual posts. I’d be adding a profile page soon… hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment