Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When by myself…

image 
Recently, I started reading “The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time”. I’m sure most of you would have heard of this title before since it’s quite a famous novel. The book is very interesting and engaging to read. It is written in the view point of a 15 yr old who has Asperger’s Syndrome, which is very intriguing! It’s not everyday that we get to come across people with autism much less understand what they’re trying to express. So having able to read in the view point of someone who is psychologically different is quite fascinating. I’m into 3/4 of the book after just two days and I think that’s quite something considering how long I have not read a complete novel in so long. :P

Today, while crossing one of the streets in Brisbane city, I came across an old lady driver in a car, which was about to exit from a carpark, smoking. Her cigarette caught my eye because it wasn’t just any cigarette. It was a cigarette in a cigarette holder- just like the one Cruella Deville in 101 Dalmations always smokes from (photo below).

image 
Initially I didn’t know what it was called, so just according to my observation, which is a metal tube holding a cigarette, I googled “cigarette holder” and I was right! At least to Wikipedia. :P

image

So, for awhile I just stared at the old lady smoking from the cigarette holder. Seeing something new in person for the first time usually leads me to staring at it for a few seconds and what went through my head was, “woah, it’s not only seen on TV/movies!”

No comments:

Post a Comment