Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Chase the Fats away. Invite the Fats again.

Last night, I stayed over at LN’s place! That’s because we planned to go for Mt Cootha climbing the next morning (which was today) and since I stayed so far, she suggested I stay over at her place.

This morning we woke up early to have our mountain climbing exercise. Initially I had expected there would be cemented walking trails for climbers to conquer the mountain… but I had forgotten how nature-conservative Aus is and only realised later that the pathway we had to take was treacherous and tedious. The walking trail was all forest-y and jungle-ish. We had to trekked through bushes, cling onto trees to climb up and “slide” down, and I even had to use a tree branch to help me balance myself on the steep ground. It didn’t take over 10mins for me to feel exhausted from the uneven trekking. I am THAT unfit!

To be honest though, it was pretty fun because since I’ve never really trek or climb mountains before (except once in Jeju Island)  it was sort of a new experience for me. In addition, it’s really good exercise which I need since I haven’t been exercising since… forever? Haha. Okay, not forever, since last semester.

Summit of Mt Cootha below. (It’s also the place where A, LY, KH and I went to in July during the night time. So it was the first time I could see the day-time scenery.)

11092010293

11092010294

11092010296

11092010297

(other photos might be uploaded to fb soon)

Anyway, all that fats-burning went to waste when we went for yum-cha after the climb!! It’s been about… 2 months since I went for dim sum. The last was with A, at the exact same place where we went today (oh the memories~!).

11092010299

The egg tart is so damn nice, it melts in your mouth. Xiao Long Bao is incomparable to Ding Tai Fung though.

Oh (tummy) fats, how do I get rid of you once and for all?

No comments:

Post a Comment