Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stressing myself out

I realized that my achievement of entering the dean’s list in the past 2 semesters has produced an adverse effect on my self-esteem. A mere pass or credit is now insufficient for me and if I do get one, instead of a distinction or HD, I would feel upset and discouraged. Like today, I got back my grades for my proposal plan and realized I’ve got a 7.5/10. The first thought that came to my mind was, omg so low. Indeed, it was kind of low because it seems the rest of my classmates got an 8 or above, at least that was what 2 of my classmates sitting beside me had received.

Gosh… am I stressing myself out a little too much? I do not think that this semester will be a dean’s list worthy one, because writing essays critically is not my forte and 3 of my courses require me to write essays! The first assignment which I submitted on Tuesday was done poorly. I procrastinated so much and completed it half-heartedly… ><” Today my professor said, “good news is, those who have submitted their assignment all passed.” Then in my head was, a pass is not good enough!

I should change my mindset, huh? Credit or pass is good enough… ><

No comments:

Post a Comment