Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Has school started?

It has been almost a week since I came back to Brisbane. Coming back again feels like the 3 months away in SG never happened. Like the vacation was just a figment of my imagination… which is similar to my 6 weeks with A. :/

Anyway, the first week of classes was just… erm, wait- what classes?? See, I only attended TWO classes this week because so far, only TWO subjects are listed in my timetable. It was such a SLACK week I didn’t feel like I attended any classes at all. Double :/

It’s just that my Korean major classes are not confirmed yet because I’ve already taken all the classes being offered this semester. The problem is I need to take two classes this sem to complete my BA on time and continue my honours the next sem. With a loooooot of effort in attempting to discuss this issue with my prof (he is very very busy), I managed to contact him today and he said he may have some solution but needs to consult another prof on this. So I have to wait on it… until he contacts me again. T-T Korean major can be so frustrating at times…

About my TWO classes, OH EM GEE. Haha, you cannot believe what I’m taking. I’m taking Buddhism and Asian Visual Cultures. Buddhism is religion, obviously… and taking a religion class for academic purpose is kind of new to me. Especially since I’ve been growing up with Buddhism around me (my dad), yet I know nuts about it. Gosh, my dad’s a Buddhist yet I have superficial knowledge about the religion. Honestly… I don’t have much interest in it, but I have no choice but to take this course because the other courses are worst. ^^;

The other class is more of an ART and MEDIA class. I have to decipher certain meanings behind why a certain art is like that or why certain films are made like that. OMG, it’s not that easy BUT the prof is very lenient and nice. I’ve attended his classes for 3 semesters so he sorts of remembers my name and even said “welcome back” to me when he took the attendance. :p I love his classes actually, because he likes to use visual aids like videos/photos/etc during his classes and tries to make them more interesting.

So I don’t even feel like classes have started because there are only 2 classes. Haha.. but it was nice meeting up with my friends in Aus! Miss hanging out with them. :)

I hope my Korean classes get fixed soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment