Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Golden Key

I am finally 21, the legal age. For all 89ers, this year is our year! That’s why events and photos of 21st birthday parties are popping up every now and then in Facebook. Although I felt that it was really such a pity I could not celebrate this important birthday in Singapore where all my family and close friends are, I looked on the brighter side of things. Thanks to my good friend, LN, we managed to throw a successful 21st party on 15th May 2010.

It was a Saturday, the perfect day when everyone could just stay out a little bit later than usual and slack a little. Initially, the party was supposed to be held at the BBQ area of my apartment but when it became evening, the lights at the area went off! The area was so dark, we couldn’t even see each other’s facial expressions. In the end, we all moved to my place where, luckily, it is big enough to hold a party. :)

My party was a potluck party so I informed everyone to bring food (either cooked by themselves or bought). Most of my friends brought food which they cooked themselves! Such a homely sight and I really appreciated their efforts! The food was so delicious and it was like a home-made buffet. There was so much food as well… everyone ate till bloated! Well, at least I did!

After dinner, all of us sat around the living room to play games that LN and I have planned. We played “dare” and “indian poker”. Dare game was awesome because of the punishment but naturally I got picked the most to do penalties since I was the birthday girl. The penalties were madness, though I was one of the creators but I still had to admit that! Anyways I felt super embarrassed doing those penalties. Had to pole dance, do stupid actions… LOL. But I guess that’s the whole point of making it fun!

After games, we had “cake-cutting”! But in my birthday, there is no cake. There’s only DONUTS to make up for the cake! The reason why there is no cake is all my fault. The day before my birthday I was supposed to order a custom-made cake before 2pm but I TOTALLY forgot it. TOTALLY until 5pm which was too late. :( I was crushed that time because the cake we wanted to order was huge, all chocolatey and in the shape of “21”.

But well, it could not be helped. So instead of a normal cake, I decided to use donuts to make it more special. I mean, normal cakes are always used during normal birthdays but 21st has to be a little different. ^^

I’m so glad the party was a success and that everyone enjoyed it! As I’ve never held parties before, I was a little worried at first that the party might be a flop… but thanks to my awesome friends it went well!

Looking on the bright side, in future if anyone was to ask me how I celebrated my 21st, I would have a different answer than most Singaporeans and that is, I celebrated in Australia by having a party! I feel really thankful for the people who turned up and really appreciate them for making the party such a success!

-Photos in FB-

No comments:

Post a Comment