Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Meet ups~

A song I’m addicted to recently. ^^

I’m suffering from insomnia again. However it’s not as serious as the last time when I couldn’t sleep for the entire night. This time, I abruptly woke up at 5:15am and after an hour of attempt to fall back asleep again but realising I became more and more awake, I eventually gave up and found myself here. :/

Recently during my usual extremely free holiday time, I have been catching up and meeting with my friends, something I realised I need to do so since I may be extending one more year of studies in Aus! Haha, not that it’s unnecessary to do so if I’m coming back in July this year.

I’m really glad that I still get to stay in touch with some of my friends right now. Like how last week I met up with my ex-colleague, Germaine, from my part-time job in Vzion Optique (@AMK Hub) for shopping and movie session!

Last week I also spent a fun (but really really hot) day touring the NTU campus with LY, MS and KH (the last two being students of NTU). I couldn’t believe the library study desks were all completely filled up by students at this period when the major exams are still months away. In UQ, this kind of situation, when libraries are filled to the brim by students, will be seen only, say.. about one month or so from the exam periods. :P The four of us spent quite some time in a Chinese heritage building in NTU, probably one of the few places in campus for touristy activity like museum-visiting. There is this Chinese library in the building with a vast collection of Chinese books, it made me feel like I was in China. After some time touring the building, we moved to Jurong Point and spent another chatting-session in Old Town Cafe. T’is always nice to have a few old friends together and talk about stuff! :)

This week, I met up with error (poly friend’s nickname! lol), spending the evening of Valentine’s Day with her watching the movie, Black Swan. She has been quite busy with exams lately, so I was glad to be able to meet up with her before I head back to Aus. The movie, Black Swan, was pretty good even though it turned out to be a quarter-horror movie with several shocking and bits of gory scenes. It also made me want to watch a ballet performance of Swan Lake! Great attribution of the film to the Swan Lake ballet.

-rant- The past few days I feel like I was being sucked into a black hole… Internally hurt… disappointed… lost… An internal battle with myself… I want to let go but I can’t… This one thing about being a Taurus is so true- Stubbornness! Why am I soooo stubborn, unwilling to let go? I know this has always been my weakness, I can be so stubborn it even hurts myself to know that. The only comfort I can give myself is that as I grow older, I’ve attained more strength in curbing the unnecessary stubbornness in me. I guess it’s part of life’s many lessons to learn and grow from it. –end-

No comments:

Post a Comment