Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here comes the Mid-term break!

I’m currently on my one-week mid-term break! Hoorah for that! After all that assignment writing and minimal playing in the first term, this break is a much-needed one. I’m also taking this time to start on some really huge assignments that are due couple of weeks after the break. If I can make full use of this break, life is going to be pretty okay, not as stressful, when the 2nd term starts. Hopefully I can because knowing myself, when my mind knows it’s holidays it will change into the holiday mood and to me, whatever assignments are just.. “I’ll do them later. I still have time. It’s the holidays, I need to relax!” And before I know it, the new term starts.

image

Anyway, I’ve started learning the guitar like what I mentioned earlier on! I remember learning a little bit of guitar during my secondary school days (8 freaking years ago). In my memory, it was horrifying due to the painful fingertips resulted from playing on the instrument! Now I learnt that playing the guitar requires the building up of calluses, which means the thickening of skin at the tip of your fingers so that it won’t be painful when you fret the guitar strings. Yes, as a newbie my fingertips are burning right now! It’s too painful, how can I practice?! According to the (almighty) internet and the book, Guitar for Dummies (borrowed from my housemate), practicing at least 30mins everyday will gradually take the pain away. Of course, if it REALLY hurts I’ll have to stop and rest. Sometimes it hurts so much I couldn’t fret properly. >< Because of the pain, it took me 5 days to learn and memorise 3 chords, thus I conclude that I have to be really patient before I can truly master the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment