Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I feel a need to post.

I just finished one of my assignments so I’m feeling pretty accomplished!! :D The past 3 weeks have been non-stop essay writing and thinking, occasionally I might feel brain-dead in the middle but I’m glad I managed to pull through smoothly. I’ve got only one assignment left before the “mid-term break”… that’s all good but I feel that if I lose this working momentum, it’s gonna be difficult to go back to working again! But one has got to relax, take a break, do some other things instead of assignments all the time right? :)

I have some plans for myself this Easter break since I’m not going to travel around. Besides starting on assignments (bummer –_-), I may attempt to learn the guitar! My housemate has a guitar which he rarely uses, maybe only on special occasions for his church activities, other than that the guitar just sits there collecting dust. He says he’s willing to lend me the guitar and even his guitar book! Awesome right? :) Also, he’s a drummer in his church, so when I told him I used to be in a band and I know such things as strokes since I was a percussionist, he was so shocked. Haha, but I had always stuck to the glockenspiel, xylophone or other accessories when I was in band so i didn’t had much chance to play the drums. He said next time we go to church, he can let me play on the drums.

It made me think back of sec sch days, when we were forced to go to Band. I kind of regretted not practicing more for my strokes, I regretted not getting more involved in band and I also regretted not trying to play on the drums. When I think back, CCA does help one to acquire an extra skill especially when you’re in a band, you get to play on the instrument which hones your musical skills. I think it’s really good to have an extra skill, besides just studying academically. “Hands-on” skill, be it a sport, instrument, arts & craft, dancing, etc.

Somehow I feel being able to do something else besides excelling in academics enriches one’s life. Because trying different things is what life is all about… Don’t just live for the sake of living, earning money money money, blah blah blah…

Since we’re living,  I want to try new things, learn new stuff, and make the most of life. This coming holiday in July, the one-month break, I’m also planning to learn something new. I’m not going to say what in here yet. It’s still too early… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment