Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Does “weird” even exists in Star Wars?

image

So I’ve been watching the Star Wars saga recently, from episode 1 to episode 5 where I’m at now (there are six movies altogether if you didn’t know). Even after 5 movies, it still perturbed me whenever I see aliens and humans interacting and even living together in the movie.

image

I know it’s all fiction, but after watching episode II I thought about why the Queens of Naboo (name of planet in Star Wars) are required to paint their faces entirely white. It’s that some kind of make-up only for the Queens? I thought that was kind of weird. But then again, if that is weird, what about the other species (aliens) with three eyes, horns, and so on? Of course they are weird from our point of view (in reality) but what about the “world” in Star Wars? I just wondered how do they even define “weird” or “strange” if there are all sorts of creatures living together, even appearing to share similar cultures! Does the word, “weird”, even exists in their world? Maybe not.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment