Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Korean study vacation confirmed!

If you guys saw my recent facebook status, you would know that my coming “vacation” will be spent in Korea! Vacation with quotes because I’m going to study Korean for 2.5months, so I don’t really have a break… I’m not complaining since I wanted to go on my own accord. Of course, being in Korea with A, I’ll definitely play as well, that’s why I wrote Korean study vacation as my title! heee.

I’ve already booked my flight and paid for the course fees, so it’s a 100% confirm! Smile I’m really excited because this time I have to be more independent in Korea which is GOOD so that I can know my way around Seoul, travelling on my own, buying my own stuff, and so on! Previously when I spent a month in Korea, I depended SOOOOO MUCH on A. Even when I was shopping for girly stuff, I had him to speak to the salesperson for me, everything was done by him! I want to learn how to live in Korea! I want to live in Korea like how I’m living in Aus right now! Of course, with the language barrier, everything will be so much more difficult but it will not only strengthen my independence, my Korean abilities will improve as well! Hopefully!

There’s just 1 thing which I feel regretful about, that is spending time with my family and friends in SG. Especially the special time of the year- CNY! It will be the first time I won’t be able to spend CNY with my family which sucks! My favourite time of the year has always been CNY, seriously. I won’t deny that dressing up in new clothes makes a big part of it, lol. But it’s the only time when I can see long-distance relatives… I’m just curious about how they’re doing, how much have they changed since a year ago, are they still the same… things like that. And it’s the good feeling of spending the start of the new year with the family that makes the occasion even more special. OH YES, the HONG BAOS as well!! As a jobless, young, unmarried person that’s my yearly income! :P

On the bright side, I’m probably going to spend CNY with A and his family! If you didn’t know, Koreans do have Lunar New Year as well and they also spend it together with their family. I’ll definitely be looking forward to that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment