Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Battling with a grasshopper!

OMG……………………………………

SERIOUSLY.

REALLY REALLY REALLY DISGUSTING. REALLY REALLY TRAUMATISING.

So Helek and I were just chilling out in our “living room” watching Toy Story on TV this evening. During advertisement, I was just looking elsewhere when I notice there’s something wrong with our gate/grill door.

There is like an “extra something” sticking out at the top of the gate. When I looked a little closer, I realised with UTTER HORROR that it was a GIGANTIC EFFING BUGGGGGGGG!!!!

First thing I did was shrieked, jumped out of my seat and ran behind the wall for protection (where I can run into my room anytime just in case the bug happens to fly). Helek was like WTH?! And I went OMG LOOK AT THAT!!

She looked on for a second and realised too that it was a freaking GINORMOUS bug just crawling at the top of the gate. She panicked as well and went to get a cupboard.

What she wanted to do was open the gate and swipe the bug out. When she managed to open the gate, the bug was just crawling higher and higher to the ceiling. She tried to swipe at first but the bug held on. IT WAS SO DAMN HUGE and STRONG.

At the second huge swipe, the bug dropped and FLEW INSIDE!! BOTH OF US FREAKED OUT AND RAN INTO MY ROOM!! I immediately shut the door for fear of it flying in. LOL. SO CREEEEEEEPY!!

After we calmed down, we slowly went out to look for the bug and found it sitting on top of our cookie container!! Then we realised it was a STUPID GRASSHOPPER!! It’s so damn creepy crawly, so brownish, so HUGE, so disgusting! It looked exactly like the grasshoppers in the cartoon, A Bug’s Life.

I tell you, I just hid in my room and watched Helek attempt to swipe the bug towards the open gate. It flew around to many places and in the end flew right outside my room. LUCKILY I AM FAST ENOUGH AND SLAMMED MY DOOR SHUT WHEN IT FLEW TOWARDS MY DIRECTION. EEEEESSSSHH!!!!

Helek was also traumatised because it was TOO HUGE for her handle. Usually whatever bugs I found around the house, I would ask her to catch. But this time, the grasshopper was too huge and damn scary. Both of us were really freaking out BIG TIME. LOL.

So in the end how? Helek called our neighbours for help as I waited inside my room, too scared to even open and peek out.

Our neighbours came over and swiftly caught the grasshopper with newspaper, crushing it for good!

PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWW!!! Stupid 10-cm long grasshopper!

In the midst of all the freaking-out, Helek managed to take pics of the grasshopper. Will upload the pics when I get them from her. You’ll be disgusted as well.

GEEZZ!! Australia is sucha bug-sy nightmare for me! LARGE ANTS, SPIDERS and GRASSHOPPERS! I’ve only stayed here for 4 months and I’ve encountered three different kinds of spiders already! There was this one time a HUGE spider (about 8cm wide) was just plastered to our gate when we came home. SO SCARY!!! Helek managed to swipe it away.

At home it was beetles, now in Aus there’re more creepy crawlies. Damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment