Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taiwan Trip was FUN-tastic!

After my trip to Taiwan with my family from 19/01 to 26/01, the impression I have of this Chinese-speaking country is the extensive shopping leisure it can provide and the numerous food stalls along the streets of Taipei. No doubt, one will not starve or have too much money while walking through popular places like ximending, jiufen, taipei101, wulai, wufenpu and shilin night market.

Thanks to my cousin’s Taiwanese friends, we were able to experience the local culture- like eating various kinds of food that we don’t normally eat in SG. We tried smelly(fermented) tofu, duck’s heart (my favourite street snack!), fried oyster eggs, pig blood, intestines and some others. We also visited the house of my cousin’s friend which is really cool to see how the locals lived!

Then we got to know little yellow (direct translation for ‘小黄’) who is the niece of my cousin’s friend. She’s sooooooo cute!! We had lots of fun playing with her while on our tour trip!

IMGP3313 

I love how the shops in Taiwan closes as late as 12 midnight! Lian, sista and I shopped at ximending every night during our stay in TW because our hotel is located right at there! We bought lotsa accessories and other little stuffs. I managed to buy a few winter clothes for my stay in Aus. I bought two winter coats, one was pretty expensive and the other was dirt cheap!

Oh and we drank lots of bubble milk tea over there! During meals and while shopping, we can just grab a cup anytime. The milk tea tastes awesome in TW. I came back to SG and tried each-a-cup’s milk tea and couldn’t finish it. Horrible!!

Anyways, the things sold in TW are so pretty and nice… Every time we enter a shop, it’s difficult to come out empty handed. No wonder we went to TW with two luggages and came back with 5 (3 additional smaller bags).

The elders (especially our uncles) kept complaining about our shopping! Wherever we go, we buy. Which is kinda true… but that’s part of being on vacation right? :P

Shopping in TW is awesome… but it sure takes awhile to get use to the not-so-clean environment.

IMG_0260 @西门站

IMGP3343 
Eating 阿宗面线 for breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment