Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

I am not freaky and random… hopefully.

I did something ridiculous today. Okay, it is ridiculous to me.

Last week, I discovered that a Caucasian classmate in my Korean Lang class is a fan of DBSK! More specifically, Jae Joong. We didn’t know and talked to each other before so how did I know? She has a keychain of him on her bag!!

So I wanted to approach her last week, but I didn’t dare to and she was talking to her friends… Approaching a group of Caucasians can be so intimidating to me. ><

Well anyways, after class today, on the way to the bus stop I realised she and another friend were walking just right in front of me! I really wanted to just let it go… but I thought, to hell with it! I approached them and sort of “jumped” on them because I was so nervous and they had this O_O look on their faces. LOL.

I said “HI! I’m from the Korean class earlier on! You’re Sarah (the fan), right?”

Sarah, still having that O_O look on her face, “Oh hey. We didn’t see you… And what’s your name?” (Note, we have never spoken or say hi or smiled or acknowledged each other before)

I introduced self and went on quickly to… “You like Dong Bang Shin Ki?” :D

S, “Yeah… (Looks at keychain) Jae Joong actually.”

I grinned sheepishly and just said, “ahhh… i see… cool!”

Then, AWKWARD.

Seemed like I interrupted their conversation and it was CLEAR they wanted to continue so in the end, I just said see you guys tomorrow… and then bye. That’s it. That’s it, man.

Awkward much?!!

I was so nervous I didn’t know what to say. I’m not the kind of proactive person who would approach people (she was less than a stranger but still a stranger) and say hi. So I was tingling with nerves but the feeling was good. It’s kind of like a boost of self-confidence? :p

Hopefully I can strike up a better conversation tomorrow… ><

No comments:

Post a Comment