Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Life here sure is getting interesting by the minute

I made a new Singaporean friend in Korean class yesterday. Turns out she’s a PRO in Korean. SERIOUSLY. I’ll slowly reveal the interesting bits of information about this friend I made.

She has learnt Korean for 3 years! I learnt Korean from NUSex in SG and the level I reached was level 3 but she took level 7 classes there! She also attended Korean classes in NTU and she said all the classes she attended in SG were super easy to her. *rolls eyes*

Like me, this semester is her first sem and she just joined the level 2 Korean class as well. I don’t know why she even joined this level. It’s all too easy for her.

She has been to Korea 5 or 6 times? She loooooves Korea.

Envious much…

For someone so enthu about Korea, I just shoot the question straight away, “do you like DBSK?” Whenever I meet a Korean enthusiast, I not going to beat around the bush anymore.

Here comes the MORE interesting bit.

After I asked her, she told me she TRANSLATES their articles and videos. O_O!!!!!

What’s more, she is a translator for GOESS, which is THE BEST and MOST POPULAR subbing squad for DBSK’s videos!!! *jaw drops completelyyyyy*

WTF!!! I download almost all my subbed vids from GOESS okay! WTF again!!!

She told me her nickname she used for GOESS and it was pretty familiar to me. But it has been about a year since she translated anything for GOESS.

What are the odds of meeting a GOESS translator? WHAT ARE THE ODDS?!

After that, when our class ended, we walked to this place where we were about to go our separate ways but we just stood there (in the middle of nowhere) and kept talking about Kpop. My heart was bubbling with excitement when I talked to her because she knows the stuff in depth, probably more than me since she’s Korean savvy.

So that was yesterday.

Today I made a new friend again! It was through the academic workshops which I attended this morning. She was sitting beside me and the teacher required us to ask the person beside us about something (I can’t remember). So we introduced ourselves and I found out she’s KOREAN! She doesn’t have that typical Korean look though. Sometimes when you look at Koreans, you would know she/he is Korean, but for this friend, no.

I told her I’m majoring in Korean, so we started chatting…

We spent our lunch together on the Great Court. The Great Court is a big field place where students will sit on the grassy field to just chill out, eat or even study.

It was nice hanging out with her… She let me try her home-made dduk bo gi! So deliciiious! She’s very nice and down to earth. Too bad her main campus is at Herston though she’d come to St Lucia every two days a week.

 

I need to get on with my Korean! ><

No comments:

Post a Comment