Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update on my Uni life thus far

Every week I would suffer mental stress from having to think, read and write critically. There are weekly “blog entries” to write, 20 pages of materials to be read. I have to analyse the topics critically. I have to be critical. It’s difficult when in the past I just take things as it is without asking much of the 4W1H.

And that’s for my Asian Studies major of course.

Korean major is going fine so far. I’ve learnt some of the materials before and being in touch with Korean music/dramas/variety shows definitely helped me to learn the language faster! It’s gradually becoming a non-foreign language and I love it! I loooooove Korean, even if the classes can be a tad boring when the seon-saeng-nim just goes on and on… XD

Korean’s class today was exceptionally awesome because SX (the GOESS translator I mentioned before) and I were continuously gushing about DBSK and sharing our own experiences within the fandom. We were so “HIGH”, the seon-saeng-nim came and asked us what were we talking about that is so interesting. We laughed and went “ehhh…”

You cannot believe the things she experienced on the many trips she made to Korea. To a Kpop fan, it’s really effing awesome!

But my evening later on was like shit. Huge contrast between afternoon and evening. Too tired and lazy to type everything anyways.

In Singapore and to Singaporeans, eating alone might make the person seemed like a loner, an anti, pathetically friend-less. But here in Brisbane, I love the fact that A LOT of Caucasians eat alone. Be it in Uni or in public places, I witnessed a lot of them having meals by themselves.

It’s like they take life as a pinch of salt. Enjoying the times they have by themselves while not caring about what others think. I love the sight of that. I love to observe a Caucasian, just sitting on the grass eating her lunch or just chilling out.

But S’poreans on the other hand are very “ai mian zi”. Cannot eat alone, cannot go to movies alone, cannot this and cannot that. I admit that sometimes I feel that way although I’ve eaten (in foodcourts/restaurants), gone movies alone in SG.

Here in Brisbane, I eat alone and do things alone with ease. Not having to think about what others think of me. Hanging out alone in Uni is cool but not so much if you’re lost in the campus! ><

No comments:

Post a Comment