Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Losing the “Sing” flavour?

Australian Idol is going on right now and it’s up to the Final this coming Sunday! I got to admit I’ve been following the show quite closely, a factor due to it being my first Aussie Idol experience. At first it didn’t seem so spectacular and at one point of time I was even bored with the show, but when more people got eliminated and the last ones standing started to shine, they eventually caught my eye.

There’re a lot of good singers and you know how these kind of competition goes that even good ones start to get voted off towards the end to leave the best of the best. I gotta say, the finalists still standing strong are no doubt awesome! And surprisingly, I love them all – the finalists Top 3 that is. :)

There is no one competition that I’m agreeable with all finalists getting the crown until now. Ain’t that just great. No sadness no matter who wins. Heh.

Anyways, due to my anticipation of Aussie Idol recently, I remembered that SG is having our own Idol competition as well.

In the midst of my revision yesterday, I went to youtube and searched for SG Idol vids just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity over how the “idol” competitors are doing even though I’ve got no high expectations. I began watching and realised with a shocking revelation that listening to the Singaporean English (not Singlish with all the “lah” “leh” “lor” but proper SG english) is making me cringe a little.

Hearing the singers sing is one thing (which is really really horrible) but cringing when hearing Sporeans speak is another. OH NOOOOO. What is this? Am I getting too use to the Aussie English (proper English?) here? Most likely.

But I don’t speak like an Aussie of course, I’ve only been here for like what? 4 months? It’s just that my ears have “fine tuned” to Aussie English and the sudden SG English hitting back is causing the cringe in me. Anyways I’m sure when I get back to SG, everything will fall into place naturally. And THAT, people!, will take place in less than a month away from now! Spectacular!!! Hehhh.

Ohhhh and one more thing! I added the Aussie Idol Finalists in facebook!!! Can you believe it? Hahahaha~ Awesomeyyy! I’m stalking these freshies everyday. They’re all younger than me, damn it! FRESHIES. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment