Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

What have I been up to?

Watching movies, having meals and just some catching up with my non-sg/msian friends. Met up with my Korean friend for a meal and movie in two days. I wonder when will I see her again. She’s going back to Korea in January for good. Probably when I visit Busan? Hopefully soon! Hehe.

Last evening, had dinner with my Korean Language classmates who are either from Taiwan or HK. Had a great time with them! Only thing was… I didn’t feel like talking while hanging out with them. I could only just sit there and laugh at their jokes. And it’s all due to the language.

Mandarin. Coming to Aus have decreased my contact with the language to say… 20%. It’s so so bad. My mandarin just sound sucky whenever I hold a convo with any of my Taiwanese/Hong Kong/Chinese friends.

Plus, I went to watch movie with a Chinese friend today. I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s such a torture for me to talk. It’s okay if I speak to sporean/msian with my bad mandarin mixed with singlish. But to these Chinese native speakers, it’s a total headache for me AND torture at the same time. :/ Their mandarin is so accurate and smooth… while mine just comes out like a load of gibberish or so.

Well, if it wasn’t for them I would be slumping away at home feeling all bored and lonely. Nice to have people to hang out with even when the usual people I used to hang out with in Brissie are not here.

I’ve been spending my days with the friends and nights with my movies. Besides going to the theatres, I’ve occupied myself with tons of movies and the hit English drama series, SATC. :)

What’s SATC? Guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment