Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

IRIS- epic drama with epic fail ending

image

SYNOPSIS: Assassin Kim Hyun Joon and psychological analyst Choi Seung Hee are lovers as well as colleagues at secret intelligence organization, NSS. Due to a friend’s betrayal, they go through hell with the unlucky fate of continually loving each other but unable to say or do anything about it. Jin Sa Woo is a secret agent who was at the top of his class. However, since meeting Hyun Joon and Seung Hee, he struggles to obey orders. He and Hyun Joon are friends in work but foes in love, as both care for Seung Hee.

The character played by T.O.P is an assassin for IRIS, a secret organization hidden the States. He has been assigned to kill Hyun Joon. Kim Sun Hwa is a North Korean security agent who follows her security team leader, Park Chul Yung, like a shadow. She is also ordered to chase after Hyun Joon, but falls in love with him after being discarded by her country.

The cast and crew will film in several different countries (Japan, U.S., China, Russia) with an astounding budget of approximately $15 million USD (based on March 17’s exchange rate).

While watching the drama, thoughts running through my mind were, “DAMN! This drama is AWESOME!” “This will probably be one of the few dramas which I’ve no complains about.”

But right till the end of the drama, the very end… comes with the most disappointing endings I’ve ever seen. :(

At the end, my thoughts were, “WHAT?! Is that it?! WTF?!” Actually I said those words out loud. I am so so so disappointed with the ending.

This drama is seriously one hell of a thrill ride with betrayal, conspiracies, heart-thumping action and romance. Everything is really awesome except the ending.

Why?!!! Such a large scale drama to end so pathetically…

I read that it was because the staff wanted to make way for a 2nd season but really, even so, the drama could have ended in a different way that will at least make audiences feel worth it. If you’ve watched it, you would know what I mean…

Anyways, there is another “special episode” that was released last week. I haven’t watched it yet… Will do so as soon as it’s available for DL. I hope this special will appease my extreme disappointment with the ending.

Without the ending, this drama is a 5 stars! But now… I don’t know, 3.5 or 4?

No comments:

Post a Comment