Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

해물전!! Korean Seafood Pancake!!

I had a bit of a difficulty this evening… I was at the Supermarket, really desperate in needing to fill my empty fridge. The glutton in me only craved for fruits, specifically apples and oranges, which then left me wondering down the vegetable/meat aisle thinking of what to cook for dinner. I was seriously pacing up and down aimlessly with no idea what kind of vegetables or meat to buy… Now that is something that doesn’t occur so often. Most of the time I would have a rough idea what to cook especially while grocery-shopping. All that fresh food will definitely inspire me. But this evening my head was a complete blank…

Well, not until I thought back about the only food left in my fridge. SPRING ONIONS! Yes… Pathetic fridge has only got spring onions left. Then I realised too that I still have that pancake mix I bought a couple of weeks ago. It’s the perfect time to use up my spring onions and start on making that pancake I intended when I bought it.

So, I bought a packet of mixed seafood from the Korean mart.

I came home and briefly looked through a few websites with Seafood Pancake recipes before stirring my own pancake! With a little help from my housemate (a really nice woman who hails from China), I managed to whip up this lovely Seafood Pancake!

IMG_2429
It’s a little burnt. :P

The pancake mix is awesome. You just got to add water in and wah-lah! you get the pancake mixture. What I did was just add the spring onions and seafood into the pancake mixture. Really simple. :)

IMG_2430

The taste was almost similar to the ones in restaurants. Hehe! I might have to get the soy sauce suitable for pancakes. I actually wanted to try with the current sauce that I have but that sauce was for cooking and not dipping! The taste was too strong to be pancake dipping sauce.

Anywho… I restocked on my kimchi as well. Perhaps next time I can make Kimchi pancake though I prefer Seafood. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment