Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

소주 Soju, anyone?

OMG... Eye-popping situation… Heart pain… when you see the bill we had after our dinner last night. Such a horrendous amount of money spent after just one meal!

A and I wanted to try a new Korean restaurant so we went to this place where both of us have never been to. The day before, I had suggested to him about drinking soju together because I wanted to experience drinking soju with a Korean! :P So he said let’s have dinner and Soju together after our lesson (on Sat). And there we were…

Koreans’ drinking etiquette is so interesting. Lol. It’s exactly like how it is in dramas (okay, duh…). I was so excited when I saw the little Soju glasses.

A told me that Koreans usually pour Soju for each other and not for themselves because there’s this superstition about not being able to get married if you pour for yourself. So every time we wanted to refill our cups, both of us had to stop eating and pour for each other. LOL. Then we had one-shot for our first glass of Soju. The taste was so strong, one-shot made my throat burn a little. It was interesting though… the rest of our glasses later were drank slowly, no more one-shots. Though I thought one-shots made the taste better and stronger.

It was my second time drinking Soju… The first time was with LE and LY at the Korean restaurant in Msia. I remembered we couldn’t finish even one bottle and LE had to bring home. Haha~

For our main meal, we had BBQ!!!!!!!!!! <3 All that delicious meat wrapped in cabbage!!! We ordered a set for our BBQ which was more expensive because there were different kinds of meat. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO DELICIOUS! Thinking of it now makes my mouth water…

After our BBQ meal, A ordered 막걸리 (mak-keo-li) AKA rice wine, which has lesser alc % than Soju. He told me usually Koreans eat pancakes while drinking rice wine so he ordered Seafood pancake. Oh yeah, he ordered Sprite to add into the rice wine to make it taste better.

We sat there for like almost 3 hours talking and drinking. Haha… Because after I had drink a few cups of soju + rice wine, I was a little tipsy. A kept asking me if i was okay because he said I looked a little drunk! I said I was okay but in fact I felt like my head was kind of heavy and swaying a bit. LOL. JUST A BIT, okay.. :P I was still as clear-headed as normal.

Before our meal, A told me that most Koreans think that after having a drink with each other, they’ll become closer but he doesn’t think so. After our meal, I do agree with most of the Koreans.

Anyways it was so interesting and fun! Haha~

LY and KH, when you come over let’s have a round of Soju/ Mak-keo-li while having BBQ!! HAHAA :P I’m so excited about you guys coming over… Counting down the days!! Only 2 more months~~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment