Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Assignments after assignments…

It’s mid-term which means assignments’ deadline are fast approaching! Oh my god. I spent so much time researching for my Asian Studies individual project for the past month which led me to neglecting the other two courses in which I have to submit an essay each in the first and second week of Sep.

For the individual project, I have to write a thesis paper of 4000words. I have chosen to write on the women’s movement in Korea. Gender politics and the likes of it. Politics is a very foreign subject to me and I chose to do because of that exact reason. I think I need to gain more knowledge in this area which I feel would be helpful in the future (somewhat I think).

While doing my research on Korea, I discovered my new-found interest in ancient history- during the period of the three kingdoms. I read quite a bit on it and wanted to focus on ancient history for my thesis but my supervisor advised me not to as there is a lack of materials on the topic. I guess if I was doing my PhD I would be able to look at original historical materials (how cool is that?!!) but right now, at this stage I can’t do so due to limited resources and time.

For my next assignment, I have to conquer a literature review. OMG. There’re a lot of readings to do because I have to review lots of literature materials. The entire concept is different from previous essays, so it was difficult to comprehend at first. But I’ve grasped the idea now, after some explanations and emailing to the prof.

Hehe. I’m whining about school. I told you there’s nothing for me to blog about except food and whine about school.

Well actually I could blog about something else. The past two days I’ve had some shopping done but I didn’t buy much, only the cheap stuff which are on sale. Retail therapy… it doesn’t help me, instead it worsened my condition as I couldn’t concentrate after enjoying myself. Geeez!

Oh and lastly, this blog layout is so pretty, isn’t it? I even changed my profile description at the side bar. Heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment