Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ekka! Hm…

So there really wasn’t much to blog about for the past week until yesterday when I made a trip down to Ekka with my friend, gabby. Ekka is an annual festival (that lasts up to 10 days) held in Brisbane to showcase the agricultural industry in Queensland. It is originally called an Exhibition- to showcase the harvest made in Queensland for the year. One gets to enjoy performances by Aussie artistes (only available on certain dates), watch some k-9 competition, feed and come into close contact with farm animals such as sheep, lambs, calves and horses. If you’re lucky enough, you can even get to witness the birth of a lamb!

Well, I wasn’t lucky enough as I only got to see the after-birth lamb (photos to follow suit after this). Before heading to Ekka, I was pretty excited because I remembered having lots of fun last year. But somehow I wasn’t very hyped up when I got there. Things were almost the same and maybe it’s due to my experience in the morning that dampened my mood a little. Also, I was supposed to meet LN and her friends there, but due to some difficulties in contacting with each other, we didn’t manage to meet at all. :(

Anyways, Ekka was almost the same as last year. No wonder I heard how the Ekka business was reducing each year. Well, DUH! If you keep showing the same things every year, people will definitely get bored!

IMG_2866
Gabby and I.

IMG_2870

IMG_2926

IMG_2948 
Cutie little kitten!!

IMG_2886 
After-birth of the lamb. Spot the yellow lamb- it came out 4 hours before we reached the place. And look at the mother’s BACKSIDE. I don’t know if that’s the umbilical cord…. but it’s from after birth.

IMG_2962  
Hello hello hello~~~~!!! If it’s none other than my favourite breed, the PUG!!! It is so so so so sooooo cute! It just has that dazed and pathetic look in which I just want to hug it!

IMG_2963  
So cute!!

IMG_2971
OMG. I just found my 3rd favourite breed of dogs- the Pembroke Welsh Corgi. In short, just corgi. It’s so cute and has the stubbiest legs!

IMG_2974 
Corgi again.

IMG_2987
Pineapplessss. Haven’t had one for so long. We got to try some “samples” and we just kept going back for more because it’s so sweet and juicy! XD I shall head down to Coles one day and get one pineapple.

IMG_2989

IMG_3022
Monster truck! Woooh~~~~

IMG_3008

IMG_3009

IMG_3011

IMG_3012

IMG_3013

IMG_3038

IMG_3041

IMG_3044

IMG_3050

IMG_3051
Fireworks- always one of the main highlights of Ekka! :D

IMG_2862
Mini cookies and cream cupcake! Couldn’t resist trying it once I saw them! Delicious~!!!

I wish I could’ve spent Ekka with A but oh well…

Other than Ekka, there really isn’t much to blog about because I’m just spending most of my time in school… doing research and studying. It’s not that I want to spend time in school doing all that boring stuff but I have to. This semester is no joke! ><”

Look at this cute note I found stuck in one of the library room walls:

28072010248

28072010247

No comments:

Post a Comment