Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Curry-fied

IMG_3054

After having dinner at a Thai restaurant near UQ with Gabby on Tuesday has led me to do some experimental Thai curry cooking! Okay so far I’ve only cooked up ONE curry dish but I’ll definitely make more within the next few days to finish up my coconut milk ASAP.

My first ever non-instant curry dish as seen above wasn’t much of a success in terms of texture. It was too dry. I needed to add in a bit of water and probably more coconut milk. I only discovered that after starting on my meal. And I have to admit, I did some cheating with the chicken and vegetables. I’d already cooked the broccoli chicken with oyster sauce dish the day before (sometimes when I feel lazy, I just cook up 2 dishes, sometimes 3, at once). So I just added the dish into the sautéed curry paste. That’s why the taste was not too bad.

I used Massaman curry paste and when I googled this curry awhile ago… I got this photo from Wiki:

image

Compare the above photo to mine, it’s heaps different! Mine was absolutely DRIED curry. :/

I think it all stems down to courage of adding more sauces, water or whatever seasoning while cooking and I know I lack of that whenever I cook something new. Like, the first (or 2nd) time I cooked broccoli chicken with oyster sauce, it was so bland because I didn’t add enough oyster sauce. But now I’ve gotten better with the dish which has become my favourite dish to cook because it’s sort of healthy, tasty and easy to cook.

Anyway, I will try cooking the curry again tomorrow and hopefully the result will be as similar to what is seen above. :P

I think that from now on, I will be blogging more about food that I cooked because I’m trying to save money by not eating out so often. That also means I will stay at home more often so I have nothing else to blog except FOOD and whine about school.

No comments:

Post a Comment