Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dust Storm in Brissy!

Fuss of the day- DUST STORM!

The moment Helek and I stepped out of our unit, we went, “OMG WTH is happening?!”

Everywhere looked like it was covered in ORANGE MIST. We thought it was going to rain, like a storm is brewing. It was really eerie. Like ARMEGADDON. O_O We had no idea what the hell was going on.

But later on in the day while in UQ, I met LN and she told me it was a Dust Storm. All those orangey stuff are DUST or SAND from the Outback. Due to the strong winds, sand from the Outback was blown over to Sydney and Brisbane.

As shown in the news, Sydney had it worst as the city was covered in DARK orangey mist. It was so terrible when I saw it on TV that I wonder if someone’s lungs would be clogged with all that sand if he took in a large breath. At least Brissy’s mist was a lighter orange.

The entire day was windy and gloomy but that didn’t really affect my mood. Not that I did something particularly exciting today, I’m just saying. Anyways I’m almost always happy when I attend Uni!

Here are some photos I got from ourbrisbane.com:

image

image

image

image

image

Remember, it’s so misty due to the DUST/SAND and not FOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment