Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Riverfire was awesome!

There sure are lots of major events in Brissy! It was Ekka few weeks ago and now the Brisbane Festival 2009 which is going to last for about 3 weeks! One of the most major event held during the festival is definitely the freaking awesome Riverfire which basically means fireworks by the Brissy River. :)

Almost everyone I knew went to the event. I would dare say majority of Brissy peeps gathered around the river just to witness the amazing sparks that light up the night. Roads were blocked to hold in the large capacity of population localised in an area. Insanely crowded.

The event was held last Saturday (12/9) and the fireworks just kept on going for 30 whole minutes. There was music blasting in the background, jet flyers heating up the skies and the night scene of the city was so pretty. Everything was incredibly awesome. The fireworks in Ekka definitely cannot match up with what I witnessed on that night. Videos and photos are already up in fb! :)

IMG_1167

IMG_1164

---

As for today, I went to Jennifer’s house for dinner! :D To refresh your poor memory, Jennifer is the Korean girl whom I met during one of the academic workshops I attended in my first few weeks of attending UQ.

She cooked curry chicken and seafood soup (not very Korean-y, eh?) but provided Korean side dishes. Actually there is a long story behind the reasons of why she cooked those dishes instead of the normal Korean food. It’s her personal reasons so I won’t reveal it here. Expectedly, the dinner was delicious!

She said the next time I go, she’ll prepare more Korean food. But the cooking ware she has now in her place is insufficient for her to cook up a Korean cuisine meal. That’s too bad but it’s alright. She’s cooking for me and I’ve got free dinner! What more could I ask for! ;D

IMG_1173
Me & Jen @ the Riverfire

No comments:

Post a Comment