Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Spilling some of the beans

So it's been 2 months and 4 days since I arrived here in Brissy.
Believe it or not, I'm loving uni life! :D Perhaps it's because of the subjects I'm taking which I have to admit can get boring at times, especially history, but generally, I'm enjoying the classes!
Even though it can get quite stressful, having to think of what to write for my assignments in my Asian studies major, I still enjoy doing it. Well I'm not sure if my grades will be good, but I sure had fun writing my assignments.
Maybe it's because I wrote about Korean Wave for my Japanese popular culture course. Lol, that's why it was so fun.
I'm learning lots of new things in my Korean class as well. It can be quite overwhelming but yeh, I am still able to keep up. :)

Friends I've made in uni are part of the reason why I love uni life too! Okay, so I haven't made a single ang-moh friend and 90% of my current friends are international students while the rest are Australian-born Asians. Because we're international students, we're able to relate with each other better. And they are all so nice, easy-going and friendly. I always look forward to hanging out with them. :D

Of course, I haven't forgotten my life in SG... I miss my family, my relatives, my sec sch friends, my poly friends, my DBSK albums/DVDs, unlimited internet usage, Causeway point, Cathay Cineplex, MRT, late night shopping, CHEAP STUFF/FOOD and all that super cheap Chinese, Malay, Indian [basically Asian] food! I miss going out for family dinners with my family and relatives.

You know what did I dream the most while I was here? I dreamt a lot about my family and relatives... Parents, sista, Chups, Jovi, Lian, Chewz, Chun and Hui... Lol. Seriously, in the first few weeks, I would dream of them at least twice a week. Maybe I miss them too much. Now it's better, not so much. XD

Once in a while, I would really wish December was here already so I can go back to SG. It's the urge that comes up occasionally. Sometimes I would have the impulse of calling some of my friends [be it sec sch or poly] to go out but a second later I would realise I'm now in Aus.

Well, of course when life gets good here, I just soak in the fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment