Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Had a really nice dinner at YY & EL’s place this evening. They invited some of their friends as well and most of them are Msians. I reckon that if I hang out more with them, my Mandarin is going to sound like Msian Mandarin. >< Sometimes when I speak to them in Mandarin, I feel like I’m speaking Msian Mandarin. OMG…

Also, most of them either speak Mandarin or Cantonese so I’m quite out of place when I suddenly speak English in the midst of their conversation. My Mandarin really sucks now and I totally feel more comfortable speaking English. Well, sometimes I may speak mandarin to my Taiwanese or Hong Kong friends- but even to them I would speak English most of the time.

Anyways, the dinner was bak-ku-teh and some other Asian dishes [which I don’t know how to call it]. Feels so homely while we ate around the dining table. It made me think of my mum and grandmother’s cooking. I ate so much I feel so bloated even after 2 hrs. No bad we didn’t take photos… Why didn’t we take?! :/

I can’t wait to go back SG! My mum made home-made ketupat for Hari Raya. I want to eat satay with ketupat and onions!

 

Shall end now with this photo for y’all to see:

Photo0856 
This is the directory found in the UQ Law Library’s lift. Awesome huh? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment