Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Spring is upon us and so is the mid-term break!

Our lovely Sunday was spent at Sunny Bank, Asian “paradise”.

IMG_1206
Purple flower tree just opposite our place. :)

The following are some quickly-taken snap shots of Sunny Bank.

IMG_1207
Restaurant selling Singapore food but cooked by Hong Kong people. :T

IMG_1208 

IMG_1209
The wind was THAT strong- look at the palm tree [or whatever tree it is].

IMG_1210
My lunch was a ginormous bowl of Malaysian Laksa. I miss laksaaaa~ This laksa tasted different from the ones sold in SG. Perhaps because it’s MALAYSIAN laksa. I want cockles in my laksa!

IMG_1212
Everything was PLUS SIZE. Even my teh tarik. And of course, so is the PRICE. 

IMG_1213 
Helek’s large plate of mee goreng.

It’s totally weird to post these food commonly found in SG here in my blog, as if it’s some special cuisine. But in this “ang moh” country, home food IS a type of cuisine.

Also, the portion served to customers is really GINORMOUS. Helek’s mee goreng can be split into two normal [normal to us] meals. I finished my entire bowl of laksa because I was really hungry but even so, I felt REALLY bloated after that. :T NOT GOOD!

I’ve been frequently having meals with REALLY BLOATED aftermath these days. I can feel a tire around my stomach already. SAVE ME! :O

Anyway, cheers to my first mid-term break in Aus! A whole list of activities have been planned for the one-week break, hopefully I am able to squeeze in time to study and start on some assignments early.

No comments:

Post a Comment