Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Everything confirmed!

It’s official! I’m doing Korean level 2 courses(aka subjects) this semester! :D

This afternoon, I went to see the coordinator for a so-called language placement interview. But it turned out that it was just a few simple exchange of conversations between us- like, do i have a cat at home? or a dog? which floor did I stay at back home in Singapore? Who am I living with right now? What is the name of my housemate? etc.

Very simple and short questions.

Oh and about my other major? ASIAN STUDIES! :)

Asian Studies is probably the other major I’m more keen in doing. The other majors are blank to me. Either I have no interest in them or I have no idea what it’s about.

Thus, here are the courses which I am doing for this semester:

  1. Conversational Korean 2
  2. Continuing Korean
  3. The Rise of Modern Asia
  4. Japanese Popular Culture

Every international student has to take 4 courses each semester so as to complete their program in time. For my AS major, there was only one level 1 course offered this semester so I had to choose a level 2 course which is Japanese Popular Culture. It actually has a prerequisite but I went to the course coordinator and told him that there weren’t any other courses offered. He told me it would be at my disadvantage that I’m starting level 2 without having done any arts courses before but he went ahead and approved as there weren’t any other courses offered for AS major.

Thus, this made me realised, I am doing 3 level 2 courses for my first semester in Uni! OMG. Korean is okay since I’ve got the background. I’m scared for the Japanese Popular Culture although it sounds fun and all… :x There’s actually the Korean Wave Culture course in AS but it’s not offered this semester, if not I would definitely choose that.

It’s not good to enrol into Uni in Semester 2. So many courses not offered! Fed up!

In any case… just to summarize, these are my majors for BA:

KOREAN and ASIAN STUDIES! :D

Oh yeah. Today I attended the class for Korean. It doesn’t have lectures or tutorials. Just a class by itself. Languages generally don’t have lectures because it requires more interaction between students and teachers. Therefore, the class venue is smaller as well.

There are actually more Caucasians than what I expected. I expected two or less but there were more than 5 in the class. Some Caucasians and Asian Australians were super LOUD and NOISY in class. My ears felt like they were about to burst because I sat in front of them. =.=”

But I guess their Korean ain’t bad. They make me go, damn I need to work hard! I cannot lose to them! LOL. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment