Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Unicell

Another fun-filled day today! I’m really playing hard before school starts. I’m going to “PIA” for Uni when it starts so right now, I have to enjoy myself first. Uni to me equals no time for play. Just read read write write.

Anyways, Kel and I went for a unicell group outing (LY, you’re not gonna like this :P). It’s a Christian cell group whereby the members gather to sort of… bond by doing various activities together. We actually didn’t know it was a unicell group until we reached that place. We thought it was a BBQ session for only S’poreans.

But when we were there, we realised there was a mix of S’poreans, M’sians and Chinese (China)! And after reading the list of activities we were going to do today, I realised it was like a cell group gathering! :O

We played ice-breaker games, sang Christian songs and had BBQ session. It was super awkward, especially the sing-along session. We didn’t know how to sing Christian songs and could only stare at the lyrics while others sang in a choir-y, church-y voice. In between songs, they praised the Lord and did some prayers in which Kel and I could only sit there with our heads down. AWKWARD!

After that, it was all pretty good. BBQ session was great. Food was delicious and I got some heads-up on what International Relations is about from a guy who did IR in UQ for his degree. After hearing what he said, I began to re-consider my choice of choosing IR as my 2nd major. It doesn’t sound scary or complex (because he didn’t went into much details of it), it’s just that I’m afraid that with no prior experiences of dealing with IR, jumping into it would make me regret it in future. That’s why I’m re-thinking of choosing Asian Studies instead. My interest lies more in AS than IR. EEEEHHHK!!

Anyways, during the unicell activity, we came to know of a China girl, named Joy (yet another new person). After the activities ended, she asked if we wanted to go to town and just walk around sight-seeing. She hasn’t been there before but we on the other hand had been there for sooo many times. We still went along though, because we had no idea what to do after that (Unicell ended at 1pm).

We walked around town, window shopping, watching wonderful performances by the street and just enjoying ourselves with the scenic environment. Aus is just so beautiful.

We even went to the Museum after finishing our time spent in town. :) We’re artsy-fartsy people! :P

Photos time!

This was where the unicell activities were held.

IMG_0554

IMG_0558

IMG_0560

IMG_0562

IMG_0561

In town, there were lots of interesting events!

IMG_0563

IMG_0564 

IMG_0566

IMG_0567

IMG_0569

A demonstration? There were even some policemen nearby… o_O”

IMG_0570

IMG_0572

IMG_0574

IMG_0575

Walking from town to South Bank (where Museum is). Beautiful scenery!!

IMG_0583

IMG_0584

IMG_0587

IMG_0590

IMG_0592

IMG_0593

IMG_0594

IMG_0604

IMG_0611

IMG_0614

IMG_0615

IMG_0616

IMG_0619

IMG_0632

IMG_0647

IMG_0654

IMG_0656

IMG_0655

IMG_0664
Guess who? :P

We actually took quite a lot more other pics but I’m so sleepy to upload more now. :/

Oh and one more interesting thing I found out today. Joy said that back in Beijing, the University she studied in actually gave them unlimited internet access and allowed them to download stuff from the internet!!! It’s like the Uni has their own download sites or something like that in which only their Uni students can download from. That’s why she was able to watch sooo many shows! I swear she watched like most of the hot American series out there, like Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, Grey’s Anatomy, Ugly Betty, etc and even sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother, Friends, etc!! She was able to download them all, okay! China= download paradise= more piracy. No wonder. Their Uni is encouraging them… WTH right. But I LIKE IT! I’m so envious.

We went to her house after that, guess why?

Because we WANTED TO GET SOME SHOWS FROM HER! Okay, mostly it’s Kel who wanted to get shows like Gossip Girl and other movies. I got Cats! As in the famous musical play, Cats! (A poster as seen in one of the pics above) “Memoriess~~~All alone in the moonlight~~”  Get it?^^ YES, Joy even has the theatrical version of Cats in her laptop! I was so amazeddddd… and absolutely envious of the Chinese people. For once. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment