Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Start of O Week

Today was the first day of Orientation Week! I attended the Enrolment Session for students in the Faculty of Arts. It started at 10am and when I reached the lecture theatre at 9.55am, it was already 95% filled with students! Most of them are angmohs! WOW. So different from poly, when everyone just starts to walk in 5 minutes after the actual time. :x

I thought I was early. :/

Anyways, the session was kind of crappy as it gave no extra information that we can’t find on the internet. Okay, I shouldn’t say crappy. It was too general for me. So, like some of the students who had more specific questions on certain majors, I went to the Faculty of Arts office for those “Drop-In Advicing Sessions” which allow us students to enquire more in-depth about our majors or courses.

I found out that for the Korean major (and the other language majors as well), the Introductory courses always start from sem 1 only. This means that I can only start Korean next semester! SUPER FREAKING BUMMER MAN! I also found out that I have to choose another major. For my BA, I have to complete two single majors to obtain my degree.

Problem is I have not really thought much about what other major I want to do. Okay, so I’ve briefly mind-pointed out Asian Studies and International Relations. But I never went and find out what those majors are about.

After much deliberation, I down sized my choices from this to Asian Studies, International Relations and Media Studies.

Most helpful choice for my future would be International Relations which is probably the most difficult out of the 3 choices. Seriously, just go Wiki and read about IR. Your head will burst. Or maybe it’s just me? :/

Anyways, I still have a couple of days to decide! >< If any of you thinks which major is good, feel free to suggest! I’m open because I need advice! Hmm.. maybe I should go to the drop-in session again.

Well, during the drop-in sessions today, I came to know of 4 other Singaporeans who are taking BA as well. Cool! 4 is more than what I expected of BA because Singaporeans are generally practical people who thinks Arts= no future. I expected lesser.. like 2 or 3 S’poreans. OH and the best part is there’s another S’porean girl who is taking Korean too! Hah! I’m not the only crazy one! :) No I’m not.

We hung out after that, went for lunch together and grocery shopping. Actually it’s quite nice to see S’poreans in a foreign land, especially when we are all still new to the place! :) Best part is we’re in the same Faculty!

No comments:

Post a Comment