Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Failed at jogging and cooking

We finally went out jogging today! Kel and I have been planning to go out jogging but somehow our plans are always delayed.

It was kind of a failure. We jogged for about 15 minutes before we called it quits. I was expecting Kel to have better stamina than me since she’s into sports. But we were both tired out after a while. As newbies (especially me) we can’t really rush into running too much. It takes time to build up one’s stamina, right? Hehe.

Jogging(or perhaps I should say walking since we did that the most) around the suburb is so relaxing. It’s so peaceful and quiet around the area. The atmosphere is dry, warm from the sun and cooling from the season. So it all adds up to a rather comfortable weather. But the air can be too dry which caused our throat to hurt while we breathe through our mouths!

When we came back home after our little exploration around the suburb, I attempted to cook some homely dishes which our mums and grandmas would usually cook, like stir-fried vegetables, potatoes along with some carrots and onions, for lunch But it was EPIC FAIL! :x

I stir-fried potatoes, carrots and onions together. It came out awful because the potatoes were still hard inside but rather burnt on the outside. I wanted to cook until it was softer but it turned blacker and blacker, I had to stop before the potatoes become charcoal!

The spinaches were okay, except that it was too salty! I added too much soy and oyster sauce. :P

Luckily my rice turned out okay.

I didn’t take photos because I felt demoralised. Haha. It’s okay, it’s my first time and learning from my mistake will me improve (i think).

No comments:

Post a Comment