Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello from Brisbane!

The start of my new life in Brisbane equates to a new blog! Have you guys been waiting for this anxiously? XP

Departing from Singapore. Thank you error, alice and peg for coming to send me off! I'm really touched. Truly. ^^

Peg, error, me and alice


Me, mum and sista


It's been 6 days since I came to Brisbane, Australia. Mum, sis and I did quite a lot of exploring around Brisbane and even Gold Coast. It's my first time coming to a Caucasian country. So everything was completely new to me. There's really a lot to discover.

Here are some interesting points about Brisbane (or just the whole of Australia):

  1. The sky becomes completely dark at 6pm. (It's like 8pm in Singapore)
  2. Some of you might already know- Shops open at 8am and close at 5pm everyday. There are some exceptions on certain days, like Thursdays and Fridays, when shops extend their closing time to 9pm. Their opening hours are shorter during the weekends. =.="
  3. Their subway trains look really old on the outside. Inside the trains are rather clean and the seats are cushioned.
  4. Oh this is good (no, not really no)- You have to open the freaking train door YOURSELF. When the train stops, you either turn the door handle or press a button to open the train door! If not the door would just remain closed.
  5. You can buy bus tickets on the bus from the bus driver! Neat eh? This is sooo convenient. And all of the bus drivers I've met so far are really nice and friendly.
  6. Tickets bought on bus can also be used for trains, city cat (name of the ferries that travel through Brisbane) and cabs (i think). I haven't take the cab yet. In short, the tickets can be used for almost all the public transport.
That's all I can think of. I'll definitely blog about any other interesting things I come across in Bris.

The past 2 days, I've been feeling really homesick because I knew my mum and sis are going back to SG today. They are already on the plane home right now. The feeling of homesick is just terrible. But this is just the beginning, so I guess it's inevitable. I hope it goes away soon!

Will blog more with pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment