Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

It is a g’day!

Two interesting events happened today.

Kel and I were shopping once again at the Indooroo shopping centre (i think we’ll be sick of it soon since we go there almost everyday). We wanted to buy sunglasses because although it’s winter in Bris, it is always very sunny in the day. Unlike Singapore, there aren’t a lot of shelters around. We practically walk a lot on the open streets so it can get pretty blinding if we don’t get sunglasses. Plus, we need UV protection! ><

We came across this booth selling sunglasses and went browsing. There was sales going on so we were kind of interested. While browsing, we heard the salesgirl talking to another customer. We overheard the salesgirl saying she’s Korean. When the customer left, we were still looking and quite keen in getting a pair. To be honest, we’ve been scouting for cheap, good and suitable sunglasses but to no avail until today.

The Korean salesgirl then approached us after that to help us with choosing the glasses. While we were trying on the glasses, the salesgirl came up to me and asked where we’re from. Then we began chatting… as I told her I’ll be taking Korean major in UQ. Her whole face practically lit up when she heard that. It was obvious she was ecstatic.

She began to talk to me in Korean… I could still understand a few of her questions, but when she bombarded me with long and confusing sentences, my brain just went dead. Lol. I could still answer her with short answers in Korean, but most of the time I answered her in English. I really need to revise! ><

After that, she told me that 3 months ago, she went to UQ to look for students majoring in Korean because she needed help with her English. She said she could help the students with Korean, while they could help her with English. I don’t know why, but she said she couldn’t find any students. So she was really happy to have met me…

She gave me her hp number and told me if I need any help just contact her. :D

Plus, Kel and I managed to find a suitable pair of sunglasses each! Double happiness! :P

Even out of school I am able to meet new people. Seriously, everyday I meet someone new! Today’s no exception! ^^

Oh and here comes the 2nd interesting event is…
Both of us actually pushed home a supermarket’s trolley!! HAHAHAHA!!!

It was so FUN! It was so THRILLING! It was so TIRING!

We went grocery shopping and bought lots of things. Kel also bought her bean bag so we had TONS to carry. We have seen trolleys around our neighbourhood, so we were like, HELL JUST DO IT! And pushed the trolley back home! XD

It was sooo tiring because of the hilly ground. But the feeling after that is just like, a sense of achievement. :P

Believe it or not, there is a hotline for trolley collecting on the trolley handle itself. Hmmm… perhaps we should call it. The trolley is still parked downstairs. XD

My new life thus far in Bris is kind of cool and I’m just beginning to like it. The lovely weather, the nice environment, friendly people, superb convenience around our place, beautiful school and FRIES!

But I have to tell myself, this is just the beginning and school hasn’t started. It could become totally different when school starts. I’m excited, nervous, thrilled and happy school is starting soon- NEXT WEEK! :D

Enough of words, here are more pictures of UQ… More specifically, the UQ Lakes! Lovely, beautiful and just utterly serene!

Photo0819

Photo0820

Photo0821

Photo0822

Photo0824
Besides people feeding the ducks and birds at the lakes, they eat by them too. We spotted a few people seated at the bench alone, eating their sandwich lunch. Typical angmoh, right? X)

Photo0825

Photo0826

Photo0827

Photo0829 

Can you see what we’re pointing at in the following photos?

Photo0832

Photo0834

THIS is what we’re pointing at:

Photo0831

No comments:

Post a Comment